periwinkle spiral cobalt grid aqua wave magenta circle blue line

April 5, 2010

Just another crazy monday

had a crazy monday work day, but got lots done.  Spent tonight adding a few things to the etsy shop and watching Ghost Hunter and Criminal Minds, on ion tv.  We cut back to basic cable to save money, but found these two shows that we like. My vintage Palm Pilot is not recognizing all the books on my sd card so I am not able to finish the book I'm reading.  Not good, makes me cranky.


a few days ago my son and I took a drive to Thatcher Park.  Unfortunately the NY state government has decided to close state parks and historical sites to save money, and we wanted to see this park again before it closes.  In the past I've cross country skied there, gone to small fiber festivals, and hiked the trails.  It's part of the Helderberg Escarpment, and from the overlook you can see to MA VT and the Adirondacks. Some views:





Last time I went to the library, I stopped at a construction site because there were Aqua Pipes!  Altho I am not sure about the poor tree in front of them:




There were a lot of concrete things with holes in them, and I tried to take pictures from all different angles.  I really like this one and may try recreating it in fabric:





And this was a sign I saw on a small shop in Catskill, unfortunately closed.  I think this describes my life!



1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting and fun blog! I have always been interested in reading random people's daily stories! This one is so fun with all the random aqua pipes and what not! Also that is a great picture of them for sure!

    ReplyDelete